I think there comes in time when a woman would want to have a house me of her own. That time has come for me.
I came from nuclear family that consists only of my parents, my late grandma and me. For 6 years, my 2 cousins came to live with us but other than that, I am pretty much on my own. My house is quite quiet when my parents are away at work; leaving it to my grandma and myself. When I married K, I was excited about moving in with his parents as it is a new experience to belong to a relatively large family when you incl his brother and his wife who are staying in this house too.
However, now that I have a complete family, my needs have evolved.
Now,
I want a house and not just a room.
I want to go marketing for the week's groceries.
I want to be able to decide what I want to cook for dinner.
I want to pay the bills instead of just giving an allowance.
I want to decorate the house with weekly change of flowers.
I want to bake for my kids.
I want my boys to have their own room.
I want some peace when I need it.
I want to spend time with K on the couch watching TV late at night with the sound on instead of wearing an earphone.
I want to invite my friends over for dinner party.
I want privacy.
I want mental freedom.
I want a home that I can call my own.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
have patient, Mel... the day will comes when u can call a home YOUR HOME sweet HOME...I look forward to your INVITATION....
Jen
so sad to know you are so unhappy & "restricted" staying in this big family.
sharon
if you ask me, i would suggest that you can have a "part time" house for you to escape to during weekends or days that you want. is like a resort yet still a home of our own.
Jen: hey...didnt know that you read my blog. if/when the time comes, you will definitely be invited.
sharon: there are always 2 sides to a coin. as much as I like staying together, there are also things that I want to do which I can't.
Of course when you are staying with extended family, there are restrictions because you have to take into consideration everyone's feelings.
there are times when i do need some personal space for my life, intimate moments with CS and family time with my kids.
mum_yam: you are spot on! can rent your place? hahaha
Post a Comment