Though my motherhood journey is merely 2 years old but within these 2 years, I experienced more "pain" than in my whole lifetime. These pains could be in the form of physical pain or metal heartache.
1. During pregnancy, I have to bear with the pelvis girdle pain.
2. When giving birth, having to go through 8 hours of excruciating labour pain. (Total labour is 20 hrs. 8 hrs into labour, I surrender to epidural)
3. During breastfeeding, the womb contract and causes a tightening pain.
4. Post labour, recovering from perineal tear and again that is painful.
5. Breastfeeding - block ducts. (Do I need to say more?)
6. When J was hospitalised due to jaundice, it is as if someone has pierce a knife into my heart. Ouch!
7. When training J to sleep with his grandparents.
8. His 1st day in child care.
9. When I pay for his expenses, my pocket hurts.
10. When he is naughty, I get a headache = pain.
The antidotes to heal the pain?
1. A dose of hugs and kisses from the little one always work.
2. Watching how his eyes lit up when he hits eureka or make a new discovery.
3. A simple whisper of "Mummy".
4. A smile.
Is it worth it? You bet!
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
All mums are great. We are superwomen. Motherhood is really painful but such pain is incomparable to pain in many women who want to experience such motherhood pain but has no opportunity. I'm thankful to be blessed with chance to enjoy the pain. I'm even more thankful to pa and ma.
*HUGZZZZZZZZZZZ* and cheers to mama hood!!
Post a Comment