Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Waiting for Baby M

Baby M is in his full term and is due anytime.

As he is about 4kg, my gynae advice me to induce labour in order for the natural delivery to go smoothly. Any bigger and I may not be able to get him past the birth canal.

However, I am reluctant to do so; not because I don't want to see him but because I really want to experience natural labour either with through contraction, waterbag bursting or a show. Imagine the excitment!

However, this whole week has been more tormenting rather than exciting! You just wait and wait. Everything is magnified. You wonder if every Braxton Hicks could turn into a real contraction. You go to the toilet every so often to check if you have a show. In the middle of the night, you wake up and check your bed to see if the water bag has burst and wet the bed.

Baby M, when are you coming out? Your cot has been set up, your clothes all washed and folded neatly in the cupboard. Mummy's hospital bag is packed. We are all waiting for you!

No comments: