But I saw his love towards J on the night that J was unwell.
As J was was down with blocked nose, he has difficulty falling asleep and would fuss every now and then and be awoken. He is more comfortable being in a sitting/upwards position so that he can breath better. As I am almost full term into my pregnancy, it is impossible for me to be carrying J to sleep in an upward position. That is when K stood in the line for me.
As J is still not quite used to K being his caregiver, he tends to struggle away and cry out for me. But I saw K's patience and persistence which finally paid off when J fell asleep in his arms.
I saw the sweet tenderness of father/son's moment and also understood what Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 meant in the context about partnership in marriage/parenting.
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
No comments:
Post a Comment