Monday, January 14, 2008

Potty Training

J has reached another key milestones - being potty trained.

We had started training him several months ago but wasn't successful.

Thus, when I re-started the engine this time, I took it with a pinch of salt.

The whole process started in the 1st week of Jan when out of inspiration, I downloaded a potty chart and printed it on colored paper. Then I personalized it with simple decoration and explained to J how the chart worked - every time he uses the potty to wee wee or poo poo, he gets a star sticker on the chart.

He was quite resistent to the potty initially until 2nd Jan when he successfully used it twice to wee wee. However, the next day was a failure and on Fri, he even told me that "kuku pain pain" (his penis is painful) as he was holding back his urine because he didnt want to use the potty! Thus the training came to a screeching halt.

Surprisingly on the following Monday, he successfully wee wee in the potty again and grasping the idea of how the star system works, he would shout "star" and applaud himself whenever he used the potty. And after that day, there was no turning back.

Thus, I am proud to declare that "heck with cost increment on all daily necessities!", J is now potty trained and we are cutting down on diapers consumption! Yippee!

And to commerate this event, J was awarded with a "Certificate of Achievement"

No comments: