Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sleeping with Grandparents (Part 2)

Just as I hit the button to publish my earlier post, I heard noises from the baby monitor. J has woken up and my PILs are coaxing him to sleep. However, it is not working and I heard a “click” on the doorknob and J is out in the living room with my MIL.

I came out of the room only to hear from my MIL that J has walked to the kitchen all alone in the pitch dark. I went immediately to the kitchen and call out to him. Soon, I saw a shadow running towards me. When I picked J up, he clung onto me like a teddy bear and rested his head on my shoulder, seeking comfort.

At that point, all my willpower resolved and I made a decision not to move him out of our room till it is older.

Although it might be tiring for me to have to look after 2 children but since it is my decision to have #2, it is unfair to cause anxiety to J (and unto myself).

I am sure when he is ready, J will move out of our room and hopefully into a room he can call his own.

No comments: