Friday, January 25, 2008

J remembers

As babies get startled easily, I was taught by my confinement lady that before approaching them, especially at night, create a noise to alert them of your presence. Use this noise constantly so that they can identify who is near to them. Thus I develope a "tzu tzu" noise which become a code between J and me.

Throughout the months of breastfeeding J, whenever I need to
carry him to my bed to latch on, I will make that noise. After a period of time, J learns to associate the noise with milk time and will automatically turn towards my breast with a high accuracy of latching on without even having to root for the breast.

J woke up at 2am last night insisting that I switch on the TV. Maybe he wanted to catch some old re-runs on Channel 5.

Anyway, while trying to coax him to sleep, for some reason, I started making the "tzu tzu" noise that I used to do so. J turned towards me and pat on my breast and said...."neh neh....milk....drink milk."

Apparently he remembers the code we had and was responding to it. It really caught me by surprise and I said tenderly to him.."You remember huh?"...of which he whispers...."Uhm (yes)".

Mummies who had breastfed their child would definitely understand the significant of this special moment. And I am glad my son does too.

No comments: