Thursday, January 10, 2008

Appreciating K

You can call this a public declaration of sort but for myself, it is a reminder. A reminder of the good things my husband, K has done for me these few months. Some times, such things need to be put down in words or else it gets lost in time.

They say having a child changes a person. That statement is evident in K. Ever since we had J, K has become more patient and gentle. And that behaviour has benefitted me greatly.

In 2007 alone, he has surprised me with a bouquet of flowers simply because he felt bad about leaving me to care for J alone while he travels for his work. This shown the sentimental side of him as I had to nag at him to even buy me a stalk of flower!.

Now that J is older; more independent and communicative, K has also become more involved in J's life. With me getting along in my 2nd pregnancy, there is a limitation of the activities I can be involved in with J. That is where K comes in to fill the gap.

K was home for the past 1-2 months and that made a difference in his relationship with J. J is more responsive towards him. Nowadays, when J wakes up, his 1st statement would either be "Daddy sleep" or "Daddy work" depending if K was still in bed or not.

Just last week, K has single-handedly took J from home to Marina to attend a wedding function. Throughout the function, K was the one looking after J, changing his diapers, carrying him around etc. One of my friend even commented that K is very well-trained and that makes me very proud of him.

K, I just want to say "Thank You" and if I ever complained how uninvolved you are, I give you permission to reproduce this post to prove me wrong.

No comments: