Friday, May 29, 2009

End of Term 2 2009

Yesterday marks the end of 2nd term for J. Today, we had a Parents/Teacher meeting. Although it seems strange that one is needed for nursery but I do appreciate the school’s effort for organizing it.

We first met with J’s English teacher who gave very good comments about J. She mentioned that she has no issues with teaching J as he is able to grasp the knowledge quickly. At times, she may think that he is unable to understand certain teachings today but the next day he is able to apply the knowledge. She also mentioned that J is very helpful in class and is always the one volunteering to help with some chores. This really caught me by surprise as he is such a baby at home and I have to nag at him to get some chores done. She went on to say “I have nothing bad to say about him and you should be very proud of him”. But she also noticed that J is more mischievous in the 2nd term. She also told us that J has a good friend by the name of E and they are always yakking away in class and at times, she has to separate them. However, J will still go to E and instigate some mischievous acts. Yes, you read it correctly, it is my J that instigate others. Unbelievable, right? Haha.

Next we met with the Chinese teacher who gave us an insight to her teaching materials which is a good learning for me as I have no clue what materials I can use to teach J at home. As for J’s performance, she says that he is lacking as J would constantly converse and reply in English. It is made worse as his best friend also comes from English speaking family and both of them would be conversing in English during Chinese lessons. With that, I need to make a conscious effort to include more Mandarin influence in our day to day.

For the month ahead, J would be able to wake up late and play till his heart’s content but woe is me as I would have to think of activities to fill his days. I can’t wait for the next term to start!

No comments: