As an only child, I do not have to be accountable to anyone. My parents leave it to me to make my own decision and is often supportive of what I did. Thus I am used to making my own decisions.
I made a decision that has brought inconvenience to my family, especially to K and the children. It is also through this action that I truly learnt that when 2 person gets married, we are not only marrying that person but the whole family.
Is this decision right or wrong? I don't know but I truly feel that this decision must be made in order to move on. I have been stuck in this rut for a long time. This decision is necessary and critical in order to salvage something that means a lot to me. Only time will tell if I have made the right decision. I will let time reveal the decision I have made as I am still struggling over it.
Through this incident, the respect I have for my FIL has increased even more. He has all along been my "idol". Even before I married K, I am already amazed that my FIL does not ever complaint about having to do housework on the weekend, washing the toilet, getting up early to go marketing with my MIL. He also does not complain when he has to help my MIL with her family eg when my MIL's mum passed away, he was at the wake everyday. As my MIL's legs are not strong, he sends her to the doc and even to the hair salon. He also has an ever-ready smile.
Through this incident, I have also learnt to be a better person and allowed me to understand K's family better.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment