After moving out, I visit my mum on weekly basis. It is only in the past 2 years that I hear my mum complaining more about her ailments. All of a sudden, I felt that my mum has aged and is no longer a superwoman.
When I was young, my mum will always bring food back from her office annual X’mas party. There will always be a piece of cake and I would happily eat it without the knowledge that it was her share. (In the 70s, a cake was a luxury and a BIG deal!) When I grew slightly older, it dawn upon me the sacrifice my mum has made (when you are a child, giving up a cake is a huge sacrifice too) but still, I cannot comprehend the reason why. But now, I do.
My mother has a big heart and goes all her way out to serve her family and friends. When my maternal grandmother (外婆) was dying, my mother would visit her weekly without fail; cleaning up for my bed-ridden grandma. At the same time, my paternal grandma (奶奶) who was suffering from dementia had to be placed in a nursing home. My mother would also make it a point to visit her; stretching herself at both ends. That was the only time that I see my mum being worn out.
A few years ago, my parents had a fall (not at the same time). My mum was badly hurt and was bleeding in her leg, yet she kept her promise to visit me and never said a word about her fall. For my dad, while walking home at night after work, he missed a step on the stairs and fell and bruised his face badly that it was swollen. Again, they hid it from me because they do not want me to worry. It was only during my weekly visit that I saw how badly my dad was injured. I cried when I saw him in such a state and felt bad that even though I was a phone call away, I seem so far away. Furthermore, they have no one else to depend on except me; their only child.
There are many stories I could tell of my parents and I am sure that goes the same for most parents.
Today I pay tribute to my mother. A tribute that she deserves long ago.
Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers reading this.
天下的妈妈都是一样的
哦~ 天下的妈妈都是一样的
天下的妈妈都是一样的
哦~ 天下的妈妈都是一样的
不管风吹雨打,不管星期或列假
我的妈妈从来不放假,她工作为了家
厨房是她的天下 狮子头还有红烧鸭
样样她都精通不会假 她是我妈妈
从小常常挨骂 那是因为我不听话
不要以为这是种惩罚 她只要我长大
妈妈我感谢你 没有把我跟大毛比
虽然我考试没有得第一 她说只要你尽了力
不管太阳升起 不管夕阳它又落西
为了我们你牺牲了自己 我永远不会忘记
将来有那么一天 我把太阳高高升起
挂在你永远满足的笑意里 妈妈我爱你
天下的妈妈都是一样的
哦 天下的妈妈都是一样的
天下的妈妈都是一样的
哦 天下的妈妈都是一样的
No comments:
Post a Comment