We did the "Marie Biscuit" tradition where marie biscuits are hung onto the baby to stop him from salivating. I don't know the exact significant of this tradition but it seems like a fun activity to capture on "film".M, who is the exact opposite of J in many things, grabbed the biscuits and put it in his mouth. I think (and hope) M would be more interested in food when he grows up as compared to J who "eats to live" and not "live to eat". Just the other day, J commented that durians are smelly thus dashing all my hopes of sharing my love for the king of fruits with him which I wrote abt in my earlier post.
I was reading mum-yum's blog and came across this comic strip that she posted and the content is so befitting of this post.
There was a stage where they do nothing but just eat, sleep, cry and poo. Then one day, they decide to increase their activities by cooing, smiling, salivating and roll over. Once they start to roll over, that's where the trouble begins because that means they already have a mind of their own and is on the way to explore their independence. Try changing theit diaper at this stage and you would know what I mean. When you need them to lay still till you complete the change, they will insist on rolling over to see the world right-side up.Just the other day, when I asked J to do something (I forgot what it was), he looked at me in the eyes and said....."No". And a few nights ago, he asked for "Starbucks Hot Chocolate". How can "Starbucks" be in the vocabulary of a 2 years old?
The growing years of my children is just speeding by me and I hope to slow it down slightly just to be able to spend more time with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment