Due to some domestic misunderstanding resulted from the day before, the atmosphere at home was kinda strained. I had to get out for a breather and thus decides to take the boys for a swim since I have taken the day off from work.It is a good thing that we lived abt 10 minutes away from the public pool. As it was a weekday, the pool was almost empty. The 1st time I took J to this pool was in Dec 2007 when he was 8 months old. He is now 27 months old. However, it just felt like yesterday.
J looks very stylo in this picture and he is quite tall for his age. The water level in the waddling pool is only up to his waist.
When I got home, a bouquet of flowers from K has arrived. It is the 2nd bouquet I have received this year; the last one on our wedding anniversary after my outburst on Mother's Day that I don't feel appreciated at all.
I spent of the day in gloom as the "weather at home" still don't look promising. I just wish for the day to end asap. When the day finally draw to a close, I was surprised with a cake. This is the 1st time in our 8 years together that K bought me a cake for my birthday. He has really gone beyond himself this time round. I guess he must have felt my unhappiness and wanted to cheer me up.
In a way, this birthday has been an unhappy happy birthday for me.

2 comments:
Didnt know was your BD... HAPPY BELATED BD to you :) hope next year you will have a better & brighter BD :)
PS: "Mother's Day - me too I don't feel appreciated at all as well" I felt that Mother's day seems more for my IL and my mom and not for me.. sigh
Tks for your well-wishes! Ya, I am sure next year will be better as maybe by then, J would know how to make me a card...hee hee.
I appreciate you as a Mother! Hugz hugz!
Post a Comment