Thursday, June 25, 2009

A walk in the park

There is a new feature in our neighborhood. It is a path that linked a few parks in the vicinity so that it forms a jogging and cycling path. Along the way, there are stations with some exercise equipments. It is quite a nice walk in the evening.

When I am free or in need for some fresh air (not much since the path is built beside the road and MRT tracks), I would take the boys for a walk.

J loves it as he gets to try out the exercise equipments. He would look at the demonstration pictures beside the equipments and tries to mimic it. However, the equipment are adult size and does not fit him but he still tries. I don’t stop him as it is good to get him interested in exercising as long as he does not get hurt.

Needless to say, gutsy M loves it just as much as he gets to run around. And I mean RUN. He would run so fast that I have to run after him too. J would get exasperated with M and tries to hold his hand. J would also give him a good scolding for running away (but not out of my sight). (Once I took the boys to the supermarket and when we got home, J complained immediately to his dad and said "This boy ahh, anyhow run. I so worried that he will run away ahh.")

I took the 2 brothers for a walk today and J was teaching M about the things they see along the way. J would point out the cat to M and tell him that there are caterpillars on the leaves. He would tell M to touch the leaves and there is nothing to be afraid of. J would also point out the colors of the flowers. While all these are happening, I would take a step back so that it gives J the opportunity to play the big brother role.

I took some beautiful pictures of the boys with the setting sun framing the background. Unfortunately I don’t have my digital camera with me thus the resolution taken from the mobile phone is not so good. However, in my heart, this is another Kodak moment that I will cherish forever.

No comments: