We had the set meal for 6 paxs and since we only have 5 adults, there was a lot to eat.
3 Combination Platter (We can choose from 3 starters)
- Ice Bitter Gourd: Paper thin slice of chilled bitter gourd with honey dip. I love the crunchiness of the vege and the bitter and sweet combination
- Braised Salted Duck: Salty enough to earn the name. The smell of the duck is quite strong but the meat is tender.
- The 3rd starter is not on the menu but was recommended by the waitress. Dunno what it is but it is yummy.
Claypot Fish Soup - The soup is flavourful but there are a lot of bones in the fish so it is a bit tedious to filter thru the meat and the bones.
Bake Lobster with Cheese and Supreme Stock - Large portion of lobster and is very fresh. However, the taste of cheese is not strong. Tasted more like lobster in white sauce. Quite disappointing as they did not make full use of the freshness of the lobster.
Stir-fired yam - I don't like yam so this dish must be good enough to convert a non-believer. It is well-fried and drizzle with a thin coat of sweet sauce. Best eaten hot.
Fried Noodle (Mee Sua) - A birthday celebration is not complete without a dish of mee sua which symbolises longetivity. The mee suan has thoroughly absorb the stock. It has a lot of ingredient like prawns, vege and seaweed. I had 2 helpings of this since J didnt want it.
Bamboo Pith and Mushroom in Supreme Stock - The bamboo pith is crunchy and again it is well flavoured by the stock.
By now, we are filled to the brim but we still have to do the "cut the birthday cake" ceremony which excited J the most as he did not eat his dinner as all due to him snacking the whole day. When the waitress took out the cake, he wanted to go sit beside his grandpa so that he can get to blow out the candles. Since we have no space in our tummy for the cakes, we just cut a slice for J who wanted to eat that.I think my parents are really happy because some how, our family felt complete. It is every parent's wish to have their daughter marry a good man and I did and now have 2 kids on my own. I think that is the best birthday present I can give to my dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment