Friday, February 29, 2008

Baby M - You are fearfully and wonderfully made

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:13-14

I have been dying to lay my hands on all the sweet pinky stuff for baby girls but when I knew that #2 is a boy, all hopes were dashed. I have to confess that I was mildly sadden with this fact.

I wanted to name him Reuben which means "Behold, a boy". But somehow that name brings a tinge of sadness to me. After praying, God impressed upon me the name, Mattias which means "Gift of God". I guess God is reminding me that this child is a result of my prayer and that is more important than the sex of the baby.

Baby M is now 36 weeks old and in another 4 weeks time, I would be able to carry him in my arms. Through these 36 weeks, I have come to love this 3.2kg fella and his chubby cheeks. I wonder would he look like me; whose temperment would he take on; what will he grow up to be like. Now, I count down on weekly basis to welcome this little one into my life and love him whole-heartedly.

With advancement in technology, you can watch your baby grow from embryo to fetus to a human-looking baby but this is just the beginning. This child has so much more potential that I will ever know or imagine.

Baby M, Mummy is waiting for you.

No comments: