Monday, February 11, 2008

4 days of doing nothing a.k.a CNY holidays

Finally, the much-anticipated Chinese New Year long weekend is here!

The celebration begins with a sumptious reunion dinner prepared by my MIL and BIL consisting of 鱼生,鱼翅,鲍鱼,干贝 and 炸瑕. Yummy!!

大年初一 (7 Feb)
On 初一,I was without my helper as she was helping out at my mum's place. Thus, K was the one who showered for J and dressed him up. Tks K!

As usual, after our breakfast of 面线,we went visting at Ang Mo Kio before proceeding to the annual gathering of relatives from my mum's family in Toa Payoh. J had a great time paying with my cousin's kids and refuse to take his nap.

As I am more tired than usual, I ended the day earlier by returning home earlier only to know that all the 姑姑 from my FIL's family had visted us on 初一 instead of the usual 初二。 Guess we have to wait for 1 more year to pass before we see them again.

大年初二 (8 Feb)
It happened to be J's cousin, E's birthday so we had a simple "cake-cutting" ceremoney for him.


J always look forward wto his cousin's visits. He will always insist on joining in their activities like playing Nintendo games though he does not understand it.

We also visited J's great grandmother and J is very fasincated by the decorative knick knacks she has at home. He is most fascinated with the toad which is a figurine of good luck in chinese customs.

大年初三 (9 Feb) : We went to Glad's house to celebrate her son's 满月。

大年初四 (10 Feb) : Attended an Intel gathering at Marcus' house.

Other than the above activities, all I did was sleep at home. From the lack of interesting pictures, I'm sure you can guess how tired I must be.

No comments: