Saturday, March 5, 2011

Labour of love

This is the 1st DIY project that K and I did for our home.


As we've been living with K's parents before we moved out, all home improvement task was carried out by K's dad. My FIL is very good at keeping the house in tip top condition. In the bathroom where my MIL does the laundry, there is even a ventilation fan that was installed by my FIL!

Now that K and I have our own home, we need to take on the responsibility of maintaining our home. After moving in for 7 months, we finally put up the racking in the storage cupboard. I had wanted to get a customised shelf but it would have cost $700. It only cost us $100+ to put up these simple DIY shelves.

We didn't have any distraction as the kids are with my ILs so it made it much easier for K and I to work together. While he does all the hard work of drilling, I was his Vanna White; handing him the tools he need to complete the task. Though it was hard work but I was happy to have this chance of doing something together with my husband.

No comments: