Friday, August 8, 2008

080808

Had a gathering with E, V, W and YN (clockwise from top left) on 08/08/08.

You can find 3 "8"s (三八) in 08/08/08. How ept it is for this gathering of 5 women.

The food was great, the company was delightful, the conversation was intriguing and the laughter was uncontrollable. For the few hours that night, we offloaded our responsibilities as mothers, workers and wives. We were back to just being a girl.

I got to know V when she first joined Intel almost 8 yrs (I think) back. She is one of my clients and the friendship developed from there.

E was on the payroll by the company that I was then working for but she reported to Intel. I vividly remember sharing a cube with her. Talk about 2 in a box!

YN....hmmmm....I don't remember how our friendship started but I remember her from one of the Intel D&D where she wore a silver bareback top and her wild wild hair.

I met W on the rooftop of The Scarlet on V's farewell party when she moved to KL.

Fast forward to 080808, E and I are mothers with 2 boys each. W and YN are mothers-to-be. V is planning to be one next year. It would be interesting to read back on this post a few years down to road to see how our lives have evolved. But one thing is for sure, this friendship is here to stay.

Cheers, sistas!

No comments: