M was monkeying around right before bedtime. After jumping from the bay window to the bed, he stopped short as he tasted blood in his mouth.
Initially, I thought he had hurt himself but further checking showed that his front tooth which is loose is knocked looser due to the light impact of him jumping around.
Thus the drama unfolds. With a mouth full of blood and flowing tears, he tried to pull his very loose milk tooth out.
After about 15 mins of trying and crying, he turned towards me and asked if I can pull it out for him.
I was tasked with this sacred responsibility. What if? What if? So many what ifs. But a mother gotta do what a mother gotta do - suck it in and pretended to be brave.
Looking at his tearful eyes and bloody mouth, I took a tissue and wrap it round the tiny tooth. 1, 2, 3, yank! It came off without any resistance. And M didn't even felt that it has came off till I told him.
10 mins later, he is monkeying around again.
Just before he sleeps, I gave him a hug and thanked him for trusting me. I told him that it is my job to always take care and protect him from any hurt.
He acknowledged with a toothless grin.

No comments:
Post a Comment