When I bought my 1st insurance policy 21 years ago, the agent asked me at what age would I want to retire. I said 40.
For some reasons, I've always wanted to be 40. At 40 one should have achieve financial, social and spiritual stability. 40 is the age of liberty and wisdom. Liberty to do what I want with life. Wisdom to do what is right.
Today I turn 40.
How does it feels like crossing this milestone? Am I any different from being 39? I guess not as the years before have prepared me to be who I am today. Will I be different tomorrow? Probably yes because I still have so much ahead of me. So much unknown and possibilities.
At 40, I've finally come of age contented with the fact that I have a husband who loves me despite my insanity, insecurities and idiosyncrasies. I have 2 sons who will further shape the kind of legacy I would like to leave behind. My parents though aging are still healthy and with me. I have friends who will not judge me for my actions and will pick up my 2am calls "to just bitch".
At 40, my life has just begun.
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment