The day didn’t start off well. It is another of those frustrating issues that I have to deal with. I won’t be surprise if this will be another unhappy happy birthday. Things are made worse when I realized at last min that there is no lunch and Macdonald’s delivery will take 90mins! (a hungry woman is an angry woman) While on the phone, cancelling my order, at the corner of my eyes, I saw K marching into the room with the 2 boys.J presented to me a card while M was holding onto a little pink box (I think, too consumed by anger at that point). When I opened up the card, tears well up in my eyes. The message on it is the best present that I could ever asked for. I am even more touched because K picked up the card and I guess that represent how he felt towards me as the mother of his children. J innocently asked why I am crying. How do you explain "tears of joy" to a little child? I can only give him a hug and smile. As for that pink box, I already knew what it contains because I specifically requested for a MP3 player. I can use it to listen to music and block out all the noise while at work (esp if I am rushing a deadline and the kids are making a din); I can also use it to listen to my favorite songs at night aft J goes to bed (another of my "me" time). I am thankful that K took the time to find one that has USB and radio functions.
Throughout the day, greetings from friends came in via email, sms, IM and FB. All these help to block out the issues I am facing. I hope I can write of my next birthday in a more upbeat tone.
No comments:
Post a Comment