Saturday, November 7, 2009

Family bonding time

It has become a routine that on every Saturday morning, K and I would take the boys out for breakfast. One of the places that we like to go to is Jalan Kayu for prata. Today is the first time that M gets to go there.

K has his usual “one egg, one kosong” pratas while I opted for nasi lemak. I suggested ice cream prata for J as it is a nice change from his usual mushroom and cheese. I thought that it would simply be a piece of prata with a scoop of ice cream. Little would I expect that this suggestion would cost me $6! That amt could have bought us a tub of ice cream. What we see in front of us was 3 scoops of ice cream wrapped by piece of prata surrounded by whipped cream and top off with chocolate sprinkles and fudge. This could have easily been a dessert for 2 adults and is too heavy for a pre-schooler’s breakfast. Halfway thru, J gave up. (Take a look at his expression in the picture)

M on the other hand was enjoying feeding himself with bits of prata and spoonfuls of nasi (rice).

After the hearty breakfast, we drove to the nearby mushroom farm to buy some fresh mushrooms that J and I love. We also got to tour the farm and were introduced to how mushrooms are grown commercially in a controlled climate.

Done with the shopping and “sight seeing”, we proceed to the Animal Resort which is one of J’s favorite places because he is an animal lover. (When he grows up, he wants to be a vet and an astronaut.)

This is M’s first time interacting with animals up close and he was very determined in wanting to feed them. In the past few months, this gutsy little fella has become more vocal, demanding and insistent. When he wants something, he must get it, otherwise he will cry as loudly as he can but the minute you give it to him, he stops. His vocabulary is also very commanding and he can say things like:

  • "Stop, Mummy!” (When he wants me to stop working and focus on him)

  • “Mummy go out!” (Asking me to get out of the room when it is his bedtime)

  • “I want, I want!” (Nowadays, he wants everything his brother wants)

  • "Kick you out” (He learnt this from his brother)

  • "No! No! No!” (When he doesn’t want to do what we tell him to)

  • "Mummy, sit here!” (When he wants me to sit and watch TV with him)

  • "Is not!” (When is not what he wants)

After all the running around in the farm, on the way back, M, the Menace fell asleep. (A few months ago, he was Mr Sonshine. Now he is M the Menace, haha)

2 comments:

Jasmine Yam said...

hey, i goes kayu pretty often.. maybe should catch up with you there when u pops by..

Jasmine Yam said...

hey, i goes kayu pretty often.. maybe should catch up with you there when u pops by..